Non-Immigrant Business Visa Attorney & H1-B Lawyer | Kirkland, Bellevue, Seattle

U.S. visas fall into two main categories: immigrant and nonimmigrant. Immigrant visas are for those who aim to reside permanently in the United States, while nonimmigrant visas cater to those seeking temporary entry, such as for tourism, business, studies, or short-term work.

Business visa attorney Barbara Marcouiller helps individuals, families, and businesses obtain non-immigrant visas. If you’re looking to navigate the complexities of non-immigrant visas, we invite you to contact us and learn how we can help.

Are There Different Types of Non-Immigrant Visas?

Yes, there are several types of non-immigrant visas, each designed for specific purposes. Some of the common types include:

  • B-1/B-2 Visas: For business (B-1) and tourism or medical treatment (B-2).
  • F-1 and M-1 Visas: For academic (F-1) and vocational (M-1) students.
  • J-1 Visa: For exchange visitors participating in work-and-study-based exchange visitor programs.
  • H-1B Visa: For employment in specialty occupations requiring a higher education degree.
  • L-1 Visa: For intra-company transferees.
  • O-1 Visa: For individuals with extraordinary ability in sciences, arts, education, business, or athletics.
  • TN Visa: For Canadian and Mexican citizens to work in the U.S. under the NAFTA agreement.

Each visa category has its own eligibility criteria and application process, therefor it is prudent to retain the services of a non-immgrant visa lawyer who has experience in guiding clients through the right type of visa.

What is a B-1 and B-2 Visa and who qualifies for these types of non-immigrant visas?

A B-1 and B-2 Visa are non-immigrant visas for temporary visitors to the United States:

  • B-1 Visa: This is for individuals visiting the U.S. for business purposes, such as attending conferences, business meetings, or consultations. It’s suitable for those who need to settle estates, negotiate contracts, or engage in other business activities, excluding gainful employment.
  • B-2 Visa: This visa is for individuals visiting the U.S. for leisure, tourism, or medical treatment. It’s appropriate for those who plan to visit family or friends, travel around the country, participate in social events, or seek medical treatment.

To qualify for these visas, applicants must demonstrate their intent to return to their home country after their temporary stay in the U.S. and prove they have sufficient financial means to support themselves during their visit.

What Is an H-1B Visa, and Who Qualifies for It?

An H-1B visa is a non-immigrant visa in the United States that allows U.S. employers to temporarily employ foreign workers in specialty occupations. These occupations typically require specialized knowledge and a bachelor’s degree or higher in the specific specialty, or its equivalent.

To qualify for an H-1B visa:

  • The Job: Must be in a specialty occupation requiring specialized knowledge and a bachelor’s degree or equivalent.
  • The Applicant: Should possess at least a bachelor’s degree or its equivalent in the field related to the job.
  • The Employer: Must file a petition with USCIS and ensure compliance with Department of Labor requirements, including a labor condition application.

Seamlessly navigating the H-1B visa process requires significant experience and precision. With nearly three decades of experience, H-1B lawyer Barbara Marcouiller assists clients with H-1B visa applications. Leverage our extensive expertise to guide you through every step of the process. Contact us today for a free 15-minute consultation and benefit from the deep insights of an H-1B lawyer.

What is a TN Visa, and Who Qualifies for This Type of Visa?

A TN visa is a non-immigrant visa under the North American Free Trade Agreement (NAFTA), now replaced by the United States-Mexico-Canada Agreement (USMCA), allowing Canadian and Mexican citizens to work in the U.S. in certain professional occupations.

To qualify for a TN visa:

  • Citizenship: Must be a citizen of Canada or Mexico.
  • Occupation: The occupation must be on the NAFTA/USMCA list, which includes jobs like engineer, accountant, scientist, and teacher.
  • Position Requirement: The U.S. job must require a NAFTA professional.
  • Educational Qualifications: Generally, requires at least a bachelor’s degree or professional credentials in the relevant field.

What Is An O-1 Visa, and Who May Qualify for an O-1 Visa?

An O-1 visa is a U.S. non-immigrant visa for individuals who possess extraordinary ability in the sciences, arts, education, business, or athletics, or who have a demonstrated record of extraordinary achievement in the motion picture or television industry.

To qualify for an O-1 visa:

  • Extraordinary Ability: Must demonstrate a high level of achievement, evidenced by a degree of skill and recognition significantly above that ordinarily encountered. This is typically proven through awards, significant contributions to the field, publications, and recognition by peers.
  • Sponsorship: An employer or agent in the U.S. must file the petition on behalf of the individual.

How Can Marcouiller PLLC Help with My Non-Immigrant Visa?

Our law firm assists with the entire visa process, from determining eligibility to preparing and submitting applications. We offer personalized strategies to enhance your chances of approval.

Looking for a non-immigrant visa lawyer to handle your case? Schedule a free 15-minute consultation with Marcouiller PLLC. We’re committed to providing comprehensive and personalized legal services to meet your non-immigrant visa needs. Contact us today to get started.